Eickelman and Piscatori

I've been typing those names over and over to cite an anthropology paper that all supposed to be taken from one book. It goes against everything I learned in English last year!
I can't believe it's been so long since I've written in here, probably no one reads it anymore. It's ok though, it's worth keeping the record. Well as the semester is coming to a close (wwaaayyy too soon) I'm finding all these people I've seen in class all year have crazy awesome life-stories, unfortunately, it's not likely that some of us will ever see eachother again. That's a negative and a positive equals a negative, yes, good. Some of them are going on missions, some of them will be done with school when I get back from Austria, some of them I just really doubt I'll ever see again because our interests differ so much it's not likely we'll ever have a class again. Two things I've tried to pull from this. Number 1: You miss something every day. There are no decisions without oppertunity cost, and it's best if you recognize that before you find out what the oppertunity cost is. For instance: I'm coming to grips with what I'm going to miss here by going to a semester in Austria, the people I won't see, the classes I won't have time to take when I get back, but can I learn something from going to Austria I couldn't learn here? definitely. Number 2: When you know people's first and last name, you can look them up and call them without a good reason. It's allowed, in fact, they'd probably appreciate it, I know it wouldn't bug me at all.
I'm going home in 20 days, I can't believe it! I have almost a month before my real work starts, I need to make myself a project or something, maybe try to enhance my cooking and sewing skills. Sewing really is a valuable skill, I always thought it was girlie. Some of by buddies here though see some fabric they like and make a dress or a shirt or a pillowcase out of it, or their clothes break or don't fit and they can alter them! That's pretty darn useful. And cooking, well, I like to eat, I would go so far as to say I neeeed to eat. Cooking and sewing, what a summer project. I also need to study up on my Alaska facts so I'm not stumped when I get on the boats.
Alright, it's time to get back to Eickelman and Piscatori

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sarah I still read it!! I miss you! 20 days!! Thats bizarre especially because I just started spring quarter. Austria, Australia, what is the difference, two different sisters, and an L. I'm excited to see you this summer and one more thing, would you get me a small blue hymn book?? I would L-O-V-E it. Peace out sister
Anonymous said…
Sarah

You are famous. I couldn't remember your site so I googled you as a tall personality and you were the first one up. See you in 17 days. We better clean up your room. Humm, which one is yours????

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart