'The older I get, the more I appreciate indoor plumbing'-some old guy on the boats

The summer is slowly/rapidly coming to a close! I'm ready/hesitant to leave, and I can't wait/not sure I want to get to Veinna. I sympathize with Chelsea, BYU is so much fun and I KNOW it's fun so it's really easy to want to go back there. In fact, I am REALLY glad I'm going to be spending over a week there, hopefully I'll get bored and in doing so get more ready to go. I'm worried about my Visa, last minute changes, and being too late! I guess I feel like I should be worried anyway, but I'm not really. I took the day off today, it's sort of my last real off day. I'm switching so that I work this Saturday so I have the next one off but I'm going to Anchorage for a family reunion, so that will take up Saturday and Sunday, then Monday Tuesday home and then I leave! So I figured taking a day off to pack and call people and get things straightened out would be wise. Even though this is one of the first nice days in the last 10...I was kind of sad I wasn't going. It's so relaxing to go out not on a full boat too.
I just finished the book 'Believing Christ' by Steven E. Robinson, and I highly highly recommend it. Very very simple, powerful, helpful book. It's almost hard to have so many good things going on in my life at the same time. Work is good, driving down is good, being in Provo is good, being in Austria is good, going to Hawaii is good, going back to school is good, and coming back home for the summer to work at my awesome job again is also good. That's a whole year worth of looking-forward I have to do! It's hard work! I guess the hard part is to look forward and still enjoy what's going on now. I guess I could stop looking forward but that is awfully hard with all the wonderful awesome things that are going to be happening here pretty quick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart