week of early mornings

This week we had to wake ourselves up early every single morgen! We had super early deutsch class monday and wednesday, but we got to bring food and have a huge breakfast (reminiscent of the old tuesdays in french class)!
This is another topic all together, but this week I finally worked up the courage to try milchreis. It is like lumpy...pudding stuff. I was a skeptic at first, but now I'm mourning over it not existing to my knowledge in the states. I can't bring it home either because it has to be refridgerated! But, if any of you are ever over here, I reccomend it.
Thursday we played Frisbee in the freezing cold Prater. We are all so out of shape, the game lasted less than an hour and we spent much of the time laughing at ourselves. Can't complain though.
One of these pictures is a picture of me going to church carrying mushroom soup. Chels and I wanted to make Green bean casserole but they have no canned mushroom soup here so we made some real stuff and just added some flour!
Friday we had a tour of the UN which was one of the most awesome things I have done since I have been here. We learned about the situation of the nuclear energy/weapons in the world, the IAEA, etc. REALLY interesting. They convinced me to be a lifetime subscripber to the New York Times since the man who gave us the lecture said that's all he really did to get into the foreign service. Read the new york times and take some test and you get the coolest job in the world. Good deal? I think so.
My director met this guy on the subway one day and he wanted to give us a special presentation and talk to us about what we thought about iran and everything that's going on. It was...if it was the only thing I got to do while I was here, I would have been happy. I don't have any good pictures of it though.
There's a picture of the Graben (which means drain, because that's what it used to be, but now it's a foot-traffic only street that they decorate for Christmas)
That's all for now, 10 more days!
oh and the last picture i decided to post is my stinky shoes sthat smell so bad they live on our windowsill outside our room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart