The last summer!


My mom said she thought this picture of me was symbolic of my life.  If I ascend the stairs, surely something greater than what I have now is waiting.  Training.  Education.  Structure.  Meaningful contributions.  The things expected of an adult.  Or I can go my own way by jumping out the window into the sunlight!  I don't know where I'd land, or even where I would want to land...

Ok so she didn't exactly say that, but she gave me the idea!

I realized today that this is sort of my last summer before I grow up.  I'll be in grad school next summer, and after that I'll hopefully have a 'real job' where you don't get summers off.  Am I happy about that?  I don't know.  It's inevitable.  But a big part of me...or maybe it's just a very vocal part doesn't want to leave this foot-loose and fancy free stage of life behind.  Another part knows I cannot get where I want to go by keeping things just the way they are.  Not an earth-shattering nor a new dilemma, but it's mine, and so it goes on the blog.


Anyway, my purpose in writing this is to make a list of things I want to do this summer.  Some are things I plan, some are things I hope for, and some are just dreams :)

Plans (at least loose plans)

Go to Zion's TWICE!  Once is probably more realistic but I don't think once will cut it.  

Hike Timp again with friends.  Preferably the Timpanoeke side, and preferably not at night.  I did that once, and once was enough.

Grove Creek Trail (again, yes I know, I just love this trail)


Hopes

Hike in Payson Canyon.  I don't know where, but I think that place is absolutely beautiful!

Amathyst Lake

White Pine Trail

Go to Denver to see Annie

Go to Montana to see Casey

Hike Mount Olympus (I've wanted to do that since I was a freshman)

Go to DC to see Lil

Go to ID to see Niki

Spend the 4th of July in Lander, WY with the Bills again


Dreams

Go to Alaska for a few weeks

Hike in the Tetons

Hike in Yosemite

Do a river trip



To be continued...and updated...




Comments

Unknown said…
Falling in love is a continuous thing all your life. It's your one, true love that you want to be open to and welcome.
Niki said…
You should add to this list horseback riding with Niki :)
Bri Bunk said…
Consider me to accompany you for any of those ideas!

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart