Inspiration

I wrote the first part of the post around last Valentines Day, I just found it again and wanted to share: 


These thoughts about love started to coalesce the Tuesday before Valentines Day when a professor recited a poem by ee cummings.


It goes like this



i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)



Then he told us that whatever else we do in our life, we should find love.  Not only charity, but romantic love.  It's one of the most precious things in the world.  And once we have found it, we shouldn't let it go.


End previous post


I don't remember my coalescing thoughts about love, but I'm sure they were utterly unforgettable.  :)  I love that poem anyway.
The way love influences people, the way it influences me is inspiring.
I love that the word inspire also means to take air into your lungs.  
When you inspire you create a space inside you which air has no choice but to fill.  Air.  So ordinary.  Invisible, tasteless, we only feel it when it's moving.  Mixed in it are precious molecules of oxygen; bundles of atoms arranged in such a way that their electrons possess energy.  Our cells harness the energy of the electrons to create differences in concentration of certain things.  
Then the energy stored in the concentration differences is again harnessed.
Just like water flows from high ground to low ground, molecules flow from areas of high concentration to low concentration.  Just like you can harness the power of water flowing to make hydroelectricity, your body harnesses the the power of particles flowing from high to low concentration.  It's exactly the same idea of using a stream to turn a mill.  Amazing.
Instead of being used to make electricity though, it's used to make ATP, which is more or less what our bodies run on. 


What I'm saying is breathing allows us to breathe.  Each inspiration provides the ingredients needed for the next one.


Inspiration (both its meanings) invites the energy into our bodies (and therefore souls) which allows us to live and feel things like love.  


Inspiration in itself is inspiring.  




If anyone had any lingering doubts about my nerdiness, I exhort you to examine exhibit A, above.  

Comments

Chelsea said…
;This is why I love you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart