LOVE!

The past few weeks have been kind of hard.  This girl trying to save her sand castle is kind of how I feel.


So I've been kind of sad.  But sometimes losing things that don't come back can be like joyful in the same way losing things that do come back is.  When you think you've lost your phone you are devastated, especially when it's a phone you really liked.  Maybe it's new, maybe it was expensive, maybe it had precious information and pictures that you know you'll never be able to duplicate.  When you find it again you are OVERJOYED, and feeling the depth of the loss makes it all the more joyful.  You go around that day so glad that you didn't lose your phone...even though there are countless other days on which you didn't lose your phone.

I have been sad, but also overwhelmingly grateful for all the things I DIDN'T lose.  I've probably cried as much out of gratitude as I have out of frustration and disappointment.  My room mate commented the other day, "Sarah, when you are sad, your friends come out of the woodwork to help you!"  I was kind of speechless after she said that.  Seriously. They do.  There is a lot I would give up before I would give up the love of my friends in my life.  Basically everything I have.  

My friends have: 
called ALL the time
invited me over to play with their kids
invited me out to dinner
invited me over for dinner
driven to far off lands to fulfill my dream of seeing wild horses
listened to me talk for much of the way there and back
given me lots and lots of hugs
never let me have a night where I felt alone
held me while I cried
told me why they love me (sometimes when they had no idea I was having a hard time)
been patient when I dropped the ball 
been supportive when I had an idea
been nothing but positive and loving
shared their sorrows with me too

and maybe best of all
bought me flowers!


I have such a beautiful life.  AND I even didn't lose my phone today :)


P.S. I would like to thank everyone who listened to me freak out about how I was going to fail all of my finals.  They all went fine.  And a special thanks to the Righteous Brothers for providing the background music for all of my tests with "You've Lost that Loving Feeling."  So helpful.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart