Decisions

I have been re-reading my mission journal lately.  For most of it I was focused on what was happening in the moment, but I did capture a few gems when I zoomed out on life and gave myself advice for the future.  Last night I happened upon one of those and I want to share it.

Sarah's guide to future decision making:
1. Don't decide until you are humble
2. Ponder while listening to music that brings you to Christ
3. Get control of thoughts and prayers
4. Repent first
5. Go with your gut feeling
6. Carefully choose the time of day to ask 
7. Do not let fear dictate
8. Don't worry too much about decisions between good and good
9. Be completely honest with yourself as far as true desires and motivations

Also, this is how I use the internet these days, that's right, on the train, which I ride JUST to use the internet.
Cheap pass from work that doubles as internet and train pass rather than expensive internet at home :)  Awesome.

Also, Leona Lewis still has my vote for best breakup song writer of my life, how do her sad songs make me so happy?  
Like Bleeding Love 
"My heart's crippled by the vein that I keep on closing"-- so good
 and I Got You 
"Go ahead and say goodbye, I'll be alright...and if it don't feel right you're not losing me by letting me go...and when you need a place to run to, for better or worse, I got you"-- I always seem to get romantic with people who I already love so much that I can't just leave them when it's over.

The truth is you're starting to see a bit of a future post leaking out.  It's about how to deal with a broken heart and  I'm kind of anxious to write it.  I didn't post it today because when I tried to write it instead of all the insightful things I planned to say, the story of my first real love came barging out like a freight train.  I'm still thinking about how to share that as well as what I have learned about heartbreak.  Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart