Easter with the girls

I gave myself an Easter present to go visit Annie's family in Colorado!  I had never met baby Sadie and she had already been around for over a month so it was about time.

Sadie is a cuuutteee little baby!  She looks a lot like Hailey did, has beautiful lighter colored eyes, and hair that sticks up no matter what you do to it.  My dad says that Hailey reminds him of Annie and Sadie reminds him of me.


A 1 1/2 year old running around needing mom all the time gave me a lot of time to hold and rock and snuggle baby Sadie, I loved it!

Everyone at church, the girls in their Easter dresses I brought them, soooo cute and fun to shop for nieces!  Sadie played a game at church called "fall asleep then wake up and scream the moment you walk into any meeting."  Apparently most parents are very familiar with this game but it was new to me.


It was Herbert's birthday the day I left so Hailey colored this card for him, she's really getting good...
She also successfully colored the table, the chair and her clothes with multiple colors!  Girl is an artist.

I loved hanging out with these guys for Easter weekend, they are so precious to me and spending time wit them make me examine my life and want to be better.  

Hailey is so much fun right now!  She walks and runs everywhere and can even jump a little (adorable to watch).  She can say some words (not saying Sarah yet but she does say Sadie!).  She LOVES her little sister.  At a park another little girl took interest in Sadie and wanted to come look at her.  Hailey saw this, ran over to see what was happening with sister and started to cry!  The other little girl backed away and Hailey came up close to give Sadie a hug and a kiss, then happily went back to playing.  I don't think she was jealous of the attention, she just wanted to make sure everyone knew Sadie was hers!

Herbert is such a sweet and patient daddy.  In the mornings he would be up with one baby if not two, making breakfast for everyone!  What a guy!  He also stayed up late patiently rocking a crying Sadie to sleep (for hours).  He works hard on his on and his off time and takes his dad duties seriously and with good humor.  His girls adore him and it shows.  I love having him as a brother-in-law and I'm glad I got to be there for a little part of his birthday!

I'm so grateful to have a big sister who is living life right and always always always encourages me to do the same.  I love watching how hard Annie works to be the best mom to her girls and support to Herbert she can possibly be.  She has always been a hard worker (harder than me for sure), and to see the care and diligence she puts into improving the lives of those around her, and the way they respond to her and love her is just so wonderful.  She uses all of her gifts, skills, and education to build a family and a community and it's WORKING and I love that!

I got to go to some gatherings of friends with the Nagamatsu's and like always, Annie lights up a room when she walks in, everyone turns and wants to talk to her or sit by her.  You can tell she works hard to take care of her friends because they work hard to take care of her too.  I'm so LUCKY to have a big sister like her!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart