Stillness


I plunge off the bus. It trundles on and I am immersed in stillness that rings loud like the whoosh and whir of water in your ears while holding a breath. Like water it starts to seep inside and I notice the sound of every leaf that touches another, the path of each passing insect, the whip and wisp of owl wings in the willows.
In awe I wonder, who made this?
As if someone must have done it.
Stillness whispers back.
This is not a gift to me.  
It is me, and I am it.  
The ways we are separate are of my own creation and volition.  
My clothes, bug spray, bear spray- they are barriers I want.
But I don't want them.
But I do.
A storm sweeps toward me, its soft appearance from afar is a disguise for fury, I have seen the masquerade before (in me).  
I don't need to see it coming, I feel the air change, I smell it. 
 I want a barrier.  
I fortify myself inside a rampart of raincoat and rain pants.  
I wait in the downpour, not wet. 
Separate.

I wave to a bus, board another barrier. 
Walls upon walls.  
I am safe from the storm but separated from myself.
I lived in the stillness.

Stillness.
You weave wonders through me.
My deep feels healed,
real,
enlivened.
Splitting thoughts like meteors
plummet powerless
as a confident knife
slicing the whipping wind.
Stillness gently rests near,
on,
in,
is
me.
We are we.
You weave healing wonders
Of me still.

Comments

Aura Maria said…
I love this!!!! And I miss you 😘❤️

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart