il y a tout que vous voulez au Champs Elysee

Alright Lillian requested I make an entry in here, I guess it has been a while. I'm home and I started work on Monday which has been AWESOME. Honestly, it's all I really think about and all I do. I wake up early and go swim or run (depending on the day) then I spend the rest of the morning doing things that pertain to work, washing work clothes, looking up facts I didn't know about stuff we see, reading history about Prince William Sound, etc. At 11 I report to the docks and actually work (or that's the time the cruise I'm going on for the next week leaves anyway). Work is the BEST, ohhh my goodness I love love love it. I love being on the boat (even though it makes me kind of dizzy for a while when I get off), I love being with people out on the Sound and showing them how awesome it is, I love watching the animals and the glacier and the mountains, I love listening to the captains, I love serving the food, I love the rest of the crew. In fact, I haven't found anything about the job I dont' like. We haven't seen whales yet and it is driving me crazy! Ok, I've only been actually out on the boat for 2 days. I have a growing fear though that I'll be cursed and never see a whale this summer. That would be just my luck. My second day of training we went into the Port and did drills with the Coast Guard on the big new boat, the Valdez Spirit, that was exciting!
Anyone who still reads this please please please come up and I'll take you out! I'm going to start taking my camera with me so I'll post some pictures on here.
So that is what I have been eating sleeping and breathing. That's all for now.

Comments

Lillian said…
Why, thank you very much Sarah. I much appreciate it. Considering my communication is erratic at best due to my boring yet oh, so tiring job I enjoy keeping up with my friends in other ways. And I'll be honest with you, I'd be jealous of your job if I didn't love where and with whom I'm living right now. Anyhow, you enjoy yourself and I promise to come up sometime...
rootmeal said…
Sarah..you rock a lot. I'm really glad you love your job. You totally deserve it, and it definitely sounds like something you'd love. I can't deny the fact that I am jealous, but its okay cause I WILL come and visit. Heck, maybe I'll even work there for a summer. Don't get me wrong, I love being here with my family. A LOT. But I miss nature like you wouldn't believe. Maybe you could send me some nature?
Brian said…
Ich habe kein Geld.......

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart