I have 5 things to say today

1. This is written on one of the walls of my new apartment.  My roommate and I agreed it needs to go.

"Love makes all things easy"...said no one ever.

2. Has anyone else noticed that with few exceptions like southern California people say, " It's _______ (insert name of basically any place in the world), if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes!"  Every time someone says that to me I have to resist the urge to tell them that's what people also say in Alaska, and Utah, and Montana, and Virginia, and Europe, and Canada, and basically everywhere.

3. I've had a few weeks off of work and school, so every day feels like Saturday!  Which is not as fun as it sounds, actually.  About three days into this permanent weekend thing I was ready to be done with it.  Either that or I was ready for all my friends to also be on summer vacation so that they can play with me.  Playing by myself is ok but definitely not as fun, however it has given me time to work on something really cool!  (see #4)

4. I'm working on getting a paper published!  I'm also seriously considering going on for more schooling, which is the impetus behind publishing a paper.  I figure I'll give myself 6 months and if I still have the hunger for more then I'll apply for programs next fall.  Maybe a PhD, maybe another masters in MFT.

5. I went to Portland last weekend for the temple sealing (wedding) of two very dear friends.  I think I'll write separately about that.  It was wonderful and worth the 26 hour car ride...though 26 hours is WAY too long to be in  car, in case you were wondering.

Thank you, that is all.

Comments

Kaela said…
Hahahaha, I have the exact same reaction to #2.
Unknown said…
resist the "go back to school" urge! You can think of something more creative. I'm sure of it. ~ Adam
MendenhallML said…
Arizona weather does not change every five minutes. It is practically perfect all of the time. ;) Love you and would love to read your paper when it is done!
Michelle said…
I would just write "said no one ever" on the wall and call it good.
Chelsea said…
I agree with Michelle.
Amanda said…
Get rid of that saying. I hope you've already done it.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart