All the fun things

 These are all the fun things I have been doing!

Canyoneering in Robber's Roost!  I have done some canyons before but nothing like this experience.  It was much HARDER as there was less rappelling and walking and more down climbing.  Down climbing is rough!  Literally, the walls are like sandpaper and you use the friction of your body against them to not fall to your death.
Despite being quite scared for much of the time I loved it and want to go again




Cotopaxi Questival!  Ran around between SLC, Wyoming, Park City, and Provo for 26 hours with three great friends, scored lots of points (made it into the top 25 out of maybe 300? teams), did things I have never done (Homestead Crater), got an awesome backpack, and forgot to tuck my shirt in for this picture, oops.  It was such a cool picture though and one of the only ones on my phone :)


Attempted Trail Ragnar in Zion with this lovely crew!  We're called the 509ers because everyone (except me and Jason) are from Spokane and I think their area code up there is 509.  I say attempted because during the 3rd hour of blizzard they decided to call the race, my team had only run 2/3 of it.  We got medals anyway...and it made me rreeaallyyy looking forward to doing the Wasatch Back Ragnar with Katie Bryson in June!

Seriously though, the conditions were less than ideal and this crew made it so fantistically fun that I only have positive memories from a weekend of camping in the cold, mud running in freezing rain, and packing up a tent in the muddy snow.


Getting ready for the next race by running after work.  On this run I talked on the phone with Katie Bryson for the first three miles which was awesome!  Almost as good as it's going to be when she comes out here in June and we ACTUALLY run together!  However, I sort of lost track of time and distance and when we hung up I was 3 miles away from home and the sun was setting...oops.  It was a beautiful sunset though!


Went to the wedding of my dear friend Rachelle.  It was wonderful to be in the temple with them, they are so happy and pure.  Seriously, it looked like beams of light were radiating from them all day and evening.  This is the only picture I took there.  It is my buddy Matt before the reception making sure his tie looked ok with his outfit.  I  joked about keeping this picture forever, but then I kind of liked it so I did actually keep it, ha!



BYU Rugby winning the national championships at Rio Tinto Stadium!  So cool to be there.  I love rugby!  AND I'm starting to kind of know what is going on when I watch it. 
and...


The game was Matt's birthday party!  Matt is such a cool friend.  There aren't too many these days who actually stay in touch after they  move away but Matt has!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart