It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

I had one REEEALLLY crappy day this week, but before I talk about that, I want to talk about how the rest of the week was so awesome.


Monday I got a tattoo on my arm!  Just kidding,  I got to be a part of an awesome celebration of a marriage of two friends of mine.  They decided the Monday before their wedding they would organize a Tri for all their friends.  It happened to fall on May 5, so what did they call it?  Cinco de Tri-yo, of course!  We got to choose our numbers and I chose 99686, the Valdez zip code.  The next day I worked with some fun co-workers who teased me about my 'prison tattoo' all day.  

Later that week we had the actual reception which was lovely and wonderful.  Kevin and Jerrica looked so happy and peaceful, plus they had a super fun party complete with a bean bag toss, ammo box tug-o-war, a tandem bike, and all my favorite people.
And something curious happened.
People kept asking me if I was Rainy, who unfortunately couldn't make it.  After it happened 4 or 5 times my best buddy Trevin (her boyfriend) and I decided to take some pictures commemorating the mix-up.

We were supposed to look at each other, as if I was Rainy.  Couldn't do it.

Nope 

No again

Finally managed it


Wait, you're not Rainy!


Me and Rainy (the twins?) on our way to Diamond Fork Hot Springs.  Sadly this picture barely missed Rainy reaching out to give her photobombing sister Alyssa a whap like a good big sister should :)


Another late night hot springs trip.  I could never get sick of that place!

And then the bad day happened.  Looked for my badge starting the moment I woke up (90 minutes).  No luck, which meant I couldn't take the bus to work.  Bike has a flat tire.  Home teacher's car got stolen.  Finally a called Trevin and woke him up to give me a ride.  Made it just barely after 8.
I have only trained for 4 days, and I'm supposed to be covering for someone who does a job I don't really know how to do yet...and no other co workers show up.  So I fumble, and I call the wrong people, and I don't know how to get med lists, and I do this for 3 hours...
At 11 the rest of the team shows up- wha?!  I don't know, they all acted like it was normal.
And then they're like, 'Oh look at all that work you tried to do!  Well you didn't need to do any of it, all you needed to do were these three easy things, sorry we weren't here THREE HOURS AGO to tell you that!'
By that time I had to leave to go to a training about a mile away.

Except I didn't have a car
or my bus pass (badge)
and it was raining.

So I ran.  A mile.  In the rain.  In my work clothes.
Long computer training with a test at the end...which I failed. So I stayed after.  But the computer wouldn't let me take the test again.  So they had to get me a special paper test.  Embarrassing.  

Walked back, a mile, in the rain.
Stayed late to finish up the work I should have done that morning.  By the time I got there everyone was going home.

Texted Lillian: "Such and such a giant organization is ruining my life, wanna go running after work today?

Lillian:  Yes! and boo!

Me: I'm going to TP the unnamed giant organization tonight as punishment for being annoying.

Lillian: Let's wear masks and I will come with!

Folks, that's a true friend.

We did not TP anything, and we did go running which was amazing.  I got new shoes, Brooks Pureflow 2s (basically half off on the Brooks website because the 3s are out).  Possibly my favorite road shoes I have ever had?

Then as a happy thing sandwich, it's nurse's week (side note, I would like to THANK nurses. I get to see first hand what they do.  I could never do it.  Never never never.  And they do it generally with enthusiasm and genuine compassion.  Sometimes people say that I have the hardest job, but they are wrong)!  Which means if you work at a hospital you get presents!  Intermountain gave me this awesome jacket, which for real, is awesome. 

And the U gave me this!


At first I was like wow...that is the most awkwardly huge flash drive I have ever seen..I do not ever ever use flash drives.  And then I realized, IT'S A PORTABLE CELL PHONE CHARGER!  One of those things I have always wanted but would never buy because I would rather have 4 pairs of running shoes.

Sometimes you just gotta tell someone about those kinds of days, thanks for listening :)

Love, Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart