Free, right?

I know it seems like it has been a long time since I wrote anything here...but I actually write a new post in my head almost every day, so to me it seems like no time at all!

So here, a free write to start writing again.

Lately life has been like this

Kind of like a maze, kind of like a puzzle.  I say I don't like it, but then I do it for fun on the weekends.  

I feel inspired to put extra effort into being creative and finding out what it is I really want to develop myself into personally, professionally, recreationally.  Another masters degree or two?  Move to Alaska?  Become so smart with money that I can make myself a whole lot of free time to do...what though?  Something that I love!  But I already do everything I can think of to do that I love, almost every day, at least once a week...how do you build on that?  What do you do when doing things you love starts to feel empty?

I remember when I was a wee lass just starting college I would have moments when I felt a wave of energized excitement about the future!  I felt the urgency to get busy, work hard, accomplish my dreams.  And then I did, and came out the other side, and I'm not sure what I'm doing was as exciting as it seemed back then.  I think I'm doing what I was hoping and dreaming I would be, and I do have an incredibly blessed and easy life...but it's also feeling kind of empty at the moment.

Anyone older and wiser have some input?


Comments

Katie said…
Enjoy what you are feeling. You are not there yet. But, you are close. You create your own future by your choices.
Helen said…
I made it in a picture!

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart