je pense donc je suis

a tall personality
Wow I haven't spoken French for longtemps (that's a long time). This last weekend was wild!
The weekend officially started on Thursday. That was the day all homework ceased, and staying up late began! It was the first day of the BYU national dancesport competition! The real thing! Everyone from the country's most elite 4 year old ballroom dancers to full blown professionals gathered at the Marriot Center for a big ol' party. We got to be there for all three days of it! I estimate 21 hours spent watching dancing this weekend. Marriot Center bleachers get a little old after a while, now every time I sit down I remember what was doing this weekend...it's kind of painful, but oh was it ever worth it.
But that wasn't even the best part of the weekend. We have been planning to have Jonathan's best friend from California come and surprise Jonathan and dancesport weekend just happened to be the weekend. So while Jonathan was out getting some sandwiches, I hid Derrick in an elevator behind a lifesize cardboard Jonathan, and Jonathan came home and SURPRISE! It was AWESOME. We then proceeded to fly ninja turtle and a 3-D eyed parrot kites in the blusterosity. That night after watching the most amazing dancing any of us has ever, and probably will ever see we walked down to the dollar theater to watch all of our movie of choice, THE INCREDIBLES. This we I speak of was Jonathan Derrick, Lillian, Chelsea, and me. We got there just in time for the 10:20 showing, but of course it was sold out....ssooooo we ate ice cream and frenched fries instead! It was then time to go see the midnight showing of THE INCREDIBLES! What I don't think any of us really grasped was that we woudl be walking the mile home at 2:30 in the morning.
It was a great time though, good to finally meet Derrick and good to surprised Jonathan and good to be a part of the amazing event dancesport was. I wrote an essay about it, I'll post it on here if I think of it later.
My system has been completely out of whack since the weekend though. I'm always hungry and I take 3 hour naps at terribly inconvenient times, like from 6:30-9:30 and I have wwaaayyyy too many tests this weekend and some books I have to read and I don't have time for this silly little blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart