two cleaning checks in one month!!!

a tall personalityThis weekend has been INCREDIBLE! I won't say much about the amount of homework that did or did not get done (more of the latter than the former), but I did manage to rock the world on my anthropology test. I have aca deca to thank for that. Not only did it teach me how to study LOTS of information efficiently and retain it, but I learned how to be a good guesser on multiple choice tests. Not that I didn't study hard, there were just some things I managed to miss completely with my notes, and anyway, anth tests not that interesting. My good and faithful buddy Jonathan the Urie told Chels and me about a free Salsa and Argentinian Tango class on Saturday so we showed up and hoped they wouldn't kick us out for not having taken 280 yet. We were in luck. The classes were SOOOOOOO SO SO much fun. Boy am I glad I have friends that remember me when about to do cool stuff. To add to the awesomness of the weekend, it was stake conference, and I got to meet with 2 general authorities! Stake conference was exceptional as well (well I think it was, it's only my second one). I was reading scriptures today and one stuck out to me more than they usually do. 3 Nephi 12:41, or it's in Matthew 5 as well "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain." The topical guide connects it to generosity, but it struck me as so much more than that. Maybe because I've been running multiple miles every day lately. I realized how much better I could be. I know it's not completely literal, but...not just do a little better than you normally do, but DOUBLE what you're doing. I also like the use of the word 'twain'. Again, to add to the awesomeness of the weekend, IT HAS BEEN SUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL, and to add still to that, it has been windy too! sunny+windy=home (on good days) *sigh*. There is just something about being able to feel how smooth air is because you can feel it moving past you...there are about 30,000 kids at BYU, let's say (wild guess) at the very least 2000 have ever taken a dance class or are interested in dance, I don't really know how word about this dance class got out, and remember the population of alaska is about 500,000, and ...well I have no idea the percent LDS but its not much. There were two other guys from Alaska in that little Salsa class of probably 30 people. Made me feel right at home. I l like salsa dancing a lot more than I like salsa eating. That's for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart