Connection



Today I was re-reading my  notes from the last General Conference (something I always intend to do but rarely actually do.  I think this means I have had a lot of free time on my hands, like A LOT.  Free-time is just about the most uncomfortable thing in the world to me).  As I was reading them I kept thinking to myself WHAT?  Did you really write this 3 weeks ago and already forget it?!  Some of the things I had written down were direct, clear, and obvious answers to the questions I have been asking myself.

A lot of them are about connecting with people. I thrive on connection, but it is something I have been feeling a sharp and painful loss of lately so it was on my mind as I listened to my church's leaders a few weeks ago.  It has been on my mind a lot since as well.   I felt to share some of them.

"Call down the powers of Heaven to help you connect.  You have made covenants with him, you keep them and he will help you."

"Use nature to connect instead of disconnect."

"Obedience to God leads to power to do more than we can do ourselves.  This power lets us create peace in our lives."

"Welcome people into your home, and life.  Respond positively to people reaching out as much as you can."

"Seek peace with God, not others.  There are a lot of needs others can meet but peace will only come through Christ."

"Look for light, simplicity, consistance, charity, and constant character, not flashing interests, skills, knowledge, and intellect.  I put a lot of emphasis on those for myself..."

"As we know we are accepted by God we become at peace."

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE this! I should re-read my notes too! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart