Music Therapy Part II

The last music therapy session was all about how I'm sad and disappointed and stuff sometimes.  Wow, I feel like lack of school is already having a negative effect on my writing.  That last sentence.  Wow. Maybe that's my style now?
Anyway, here are some songs that almost never fail to make me smile and usually succeed at making me dance.

Mika- Lollipop
Oh My Gosh.  I am so sorry about the possibly slightly distasteful parts of this video but it is just too funny not to post.  I had to watch the part at 1:28 twice because it was so funny!  Wait, I just watched it again after I wrote that so that's three times.  HOLY COW I have not seen something this funny on youtube since the Harvard Sailing Team "Boys will be girls" skit.  This is one of those things I'll be embarrassed to have recommended to the more sophisticated people who read my blog who won't think it's funny.  But it really is funny.
About the song, I just love it!  It's fun, simple, and upbeat. "Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down."

Scissor Sisters- I Don't Feel Like Dancin'


I kept waiting for this video to get more normal...and it never did.  But the guy in the leather suit made me laugh so hard.  What is it with me and liking songs that happen to have hysterical music videos?
I can't pick my favorite lyrics from this song, I think the whole thing is clever and just dripping with unnecessary drama which makes it soooo funny to me!  Plus it makes me want to dance...in fact it makes it impossible not to dance!

Melody Gardot- Who Will Comfort Me



Everyone I have showed this song to has said something about feeling like they should be in a smokey pool hall.  It makes me feel like blues dancing, and playing the trumpet.  I just think it's so....bluesy, and I love bluesy.  Tell me it didn't at least make you think about snapping your fingers!

Last, possibly my all time favorite favorite favorite, and also bluesy is Noah's cover of LMFAO- Sexy and I know it
He is talented, amusing, and creative how he arranged the song.  And I think the lyrics are soooo funny!  I just love them.  I don't even really know the real version because I like this one so much.  Wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!



Comments

Chantel said…
I LOOOOVE that last song!! You're so great Sarah. I'm so happy to be your friend. Really.
Chelsea said…
Have you seen the music video for Imagine Dragon's "Radioactive"? Not what I expected at all... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart