Happy half birthday to me

Today is my half birthday!

So naturally I went to my first Jazz game!  It was pretty cool, I mean the NBA is a big deal and sometimes I watch them on TV but I was there for reals!


AND
the backpack that I'm actually going to keep (4th one) arrived in the mail!  Gregory Jade 70.  I love it.  And it's called Jade.  And my wilderness name is Jade Eagle...I'll explain that in a forthcoming post I think.

Ok grateful things

1. I was kind of afraid about supervision I had this morning.  I kept thinking of hard questions my supervisor would ask and what I would say.  But it was more of just "hey how are things going?  Tell me about your clients so I can give you encouragement and new ideas!"  Which was just what I needed.

2. I thought the chicken I had for lunch today was pretty darn delicious, and usually I am less than impressed with cafeteria food.  It reminded me of chicken my mom used to make.  It wasn't quite THAT good, but definitely above standard for LDSH cafeteria.

3. I said a longer prayer at lunch today than usual.  When I opened my eyes my friend was already eating and looking at me like "soo...are you going to eat or what?" Ha, no I'm sure that was not what he was thinking because he is awesome and probably knows what it's like to all of a sudden feel connected to God in such a routine activity like prayer before a meal.  That's how I felt, and it felt really great and I'm grateful for that little moment.

For anyone who has been worried, I am doing fine!  Writing something every day kind of forces you to not skip over the daily rough patches as much as I normally do in my blog.  So things are pretty normal, you're just hearing more about them.  Not that they're normally bad.  Just when I sit down to write at the end of the day the most emotional experiences are what come to mind.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart