The secret to not showering


A few weekends ago I went ice climbing!  It was one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time!  And one of the greatest lessons I learned was...you don't have to actually shower to make your hair look like you showered that day!

I was introduced to

DRY SHAMPOO
You guys gotta try this stuff.

Today was kind of crazy.  I went running, had the busiest day at work in the world including making a few people more upset than people normally get with me, running into someone else's car, staying late at work, and going to two birthday parties for awesome friends.
I have been trying to make an effort to go to things like birthday parties or random gatherings that I could probably skip and not be missed.  I have been thinking a lot about what it means to be part of a community and how that's one of the most effective ways to enact change in yourself and in the world around you.  It makes the organization of my and many other churches make sense.  It's where the rubber meets the road, the community.

Grateful things

1. The crazy rain we had today!  I love the rain, AND it means snow in the mountains.  Except I have to work this weekend...but still grateful.

2. Today I had an opportunity that would not be that good for me but was very tempting.  I felt like life just guided me in the right direction.  I was feeling kind of guilty for missing that opportunity, but it gave me a chance to reflect on how it really wouldn't have been that good for me, and it involved something I'm trying to steer away from anyway.  It was a moment that kind of cemented a lot of thoughts I have been having about why I should change that one aspect of my life.

This is so vague that it sounds like I'm doing drugs or something!

3. The Copper River Fleece coat that my parents gave me for Christmas.  I wear it every day, everywhere.  It's the perfect coat.  It's like it's made of magic stuff.  I recommend looking into these wonderful jackets :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Sarah! Keep bloggin' girl! Just caught up on a couple posts. You echo a lot of my thoughts. The community one in this one has been on my mind. Just moved to CO back in August and have realized how I need community even though I seem to have been (without really realizing all the time) keeping everyone at an arm's length and enjoying flying under the radar, for probably long enough! And great shampoo tip! I could have used that today. haha Miss ya girl and hope you are well!

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart