Big news about broccoli

Thursday I went on one of the most awesome super fun mega dates ever in history.  We went skiing.  At Deer Valley.  For free :)  I always feel kind of guilty about elaborate dates because even though they can be so much fun I know they are usually so expensive!  This one was super cool for lots of reasons but one of the reasons I could just relax and have a great time is because Chase works for Deer Valley so most everything was free :)




Chase made a delicous breakfast and put mine in my own paper sack, with my name written on it.  Seriously, who does that?!



Blueberry Mormon Mojitos with lunch.  That's a real fancy drink, and it had lots of real blueberries in it which I was pretty excited about.  I was so classy and used my straws as chopsticks to eat the blueberries.  Chase doesn't judge, and that's probably a good thing.




It was a super beautiful day, and warm enough that we were never really worried about getting cold but cool enough that the snow wasn't mush.  Chase showed me the secret spots off the trails because he skis this resort all the time, sometimes during work I might add.


The most amazing thing though is that I actually ate a whole vegetable before it went bad!  This never happens and so definitely deserved a picture.  I know some of you (dad) will say I didn't eat the whole thing and left all the good parts!  But this is an accomplishment for me, albeit small to the world.


Grateful things:
1. My TB test WAS in fact negative, and I didn't have to redo any immunizations for my new job!  Thanks Intermountain!

2.  I'm getting my windshield fixed today so that I can get my car to pass safety and emissions so that I can register it in Utah so that I can finally be street legal.

3. Work this week was really relaxed and I got to move around a lot and spend time with all kinds of different coworkers who I really love and learn a lot from.  This is one of the main reasons I really enjoy my job.

4. One of my friends is struggling to find enough breast milk to feed her little one and has been asking for help from other moms.  I felt for my friend wanting to provide for her baby but obviously had nothing to offer...until I met up with another friend who was having problems with over-producing and had a bunch left over in her freezer.  I was able to connect them and both were helped!  It made me so happy to be in the right place at the right time to make the magic happen for two people I love.

5. I have said this before, but I am so grateful for my job.  I'm so grateful I'm not falling asleep worrying about rent or my phone bill or groceries anymore.  I still feel relieved every time I get a pay check.  I hope I can always remember to be this grateful, and to pay forward all of the kindness I have been a recipient of.

6. I have the chance to speak in church in two weeks.  I am always really grateful for chances to share my thoughts, beliefs, and testimony with others.  They come spontaneously all the time and that is wonderful!  I love having the time and forethought to really study and pray and think about what would be best to share.  So much personal growth comes from doing that.

Hasta la vista!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart