Visiting Kaela in the City of Trees

Sorry, it has been a few days!  I went to Idaho to visit this precious little thing.

This is baby Anders, he's my best friend's little boy so I consider him my nephew.  He's like my nephew in law?  He's an adorable sweet little baby who didn't mind a stranger without much experience with itty bitty babies holding him a bunch!  So cute and fun to visit!


I also came to see this guy!  Bennett is a rambunctious, witty (for a 3.5 year old), energetic, brilliant kiddo!  He told me the difference between protein and carbohydrate, beat me in memory, and he had me read him the whole Friend magazine twice.  The second time through he told ME all the stories.  Also he calls me "Auntie Sarah" which basically gets me to do whatever he wants!



This morning doggie pile/snuggle was too cute (probably not Kaela's favorite picture but I just loved this moment!).

We ate delicious food (ALWAYS delicious with Kaela), played at the park, went running, went shopping, had lots of girl time to talk, explored down town, took family pictures, basically crammed everything we could into a really quick and wonderful visit.  Thanks Kaela, Mark and Co.!

Grateful Things
1. My car had no problems the whole drive up and back
2. I had no problems staying awake for the 10 hours of driving by myself
3. It makes me so happy to see Kaela and her family so happy!  When people hang around your life has long as she has you just get really attached to them, you know?  You kind of share happiness.  It's the best.
4.  I don't really  have the "kid charm" some people seem to, but I get along great with Kaela's kids!  It's such a fulfilling (albeit kind of tiring) feeling to help a little one have a good time, learn about the world, and maybe give mom and dad a quick break.
5.  I am giving a talk in church tomorrow and it has given me a lot of time and reason to think.  And talk to myself out loud in my car.  Which I also do a lot when I'm not preparing talks...
6. These twisty bobby pins that Kaela introduced me to a while ago.  My hair is out of control sometimes but with nothing more than two double-helix shaped pins it is up in a bun that is so reliable I even run and play frisbee in it.
Also they get bonus points for looking like DNA.





Comments

Chelsea said…
Twisty bobby pins? You should put a link for that. Looks like you had fun! Kaela looks great and her babies are SO cute. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart