Drug test fail

This morning at 7:30 I went to my new job site to get  drug tested.  This is the second time I have tried to do this.  The first time I failed because I couldn't find the right place in time before my other job started.  So I had to call and reschedule. So this was the second try.

But
I forgot to drink water that morning.  Apparently they don't like that so much with drug tests.  It looks like you're being sneaky so they make you not leave the little room the drug test is in and drink water forever.
So I drank...and I drank and I drank.  When I finally was ready to try again the lady asked me how many glasses of water I had consumed, as 4 was apparently the max.  I was like ummm yes I definitely drank 4.  I didn't tell her about the other 5 or 6 I consumed in addition to those 4.
I arrived at my other job an hour late, and there was no cell service in the little room I had to stay in so I couldn't tell anyone.
Good think no one noticed, I felt so important...

Also, good thing I learned how to be sneaky if I ever WAS doing drugs, which I wasn't.  

Also, I had to get a TB test and it looks like I have tuberculosis!  But I don't, my TB tests always look like this for some reason and the nurses always say it's negative.  And I'm ok with that because I'd really rather not have TB.



Also, someone drew this picture for me once and I really love it.  I have no idea who drew it, I just found it in my scriptures one day.


Grateful things:
1. My former supervisor Nate.  Every job I have had that I list him as a reference for have mentioned "very enthusiastic and positive references," which means they spoke with Nate.  I am so grateful for his kind words and I hope I can pay it forward to someone I have the opportunity to mentor someday.

2. My friend Tahlia, also a former supervisor of sorts and a very dear friend.  It's like we share a brain.  We don't talk as often as either of us would like, but when we do I always feel like, "How have we been thinking exactly the same things for the past few months even though we weren't talking about them?!"

3. My apartment.  I don't know if I have mentioned this one yet.  I LOVE my apartment!  It's so perfect for me right now.  It's big enough and open and cool and convenient and reasonably priced, my landlord is kind and responsive and he let me have a kitty cat.

4. No one noticed when I was an hour late for work and when I explained to one of my sort of half bosses he totally understood.

5. I have gardening space in my back yard!  I decided I'm not going to plant gross things like vegetables because I am very unmotivated to take care of them and harvest them because...they're gross.  I'm going to plan yummy things like maybe raspberries.  I will definitely remember to take care of those!

6. I'm going skiing tomorrow and it's supposed to be beautiful!

Comments

Bill said…
Raspberries sound good. But they take so much work. ;=} We will have to ask Mom!
Niki said…
If you get the raspberries to work, I will come pick them with you. :) Do you cook much? Planting herbs (like thyme, parsley, etc) are pretty easy to hand.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart