Thanksful Sunday


Mika rreealllyyy wanted to go outside today.  She is such a cool cat.  When I need her to come inside so I can leave I just stick my head out the door and call her name.  Nine times out of ten a few minutes later she is at the door meowing.  Seriously, she's a like a dog without all the work.

Today was another beautiful day, and like Mika, I didn't get to go outside as much as I would have liked.  I did go to a picnic in the park in the evening which was fun!  I am finding it interesting that as I get older...and maybe this is a Salt Lake thing, but there is so much less of the 'cool groups' hanging out together and so much more of people really trying in earnest to meet new people and get to know them.  I think a lot of that is driven by wanting to date.  I still find it a little...staged sometimes but I definitely prefer it to feeling left out of 'cool groups!'

Grateful things:
1. The members of my church.  From the outside maybe the church looks like a big corporation...and maybe some aspects of that are true.  But sometimes I get the feeling people think all the members are in on some big scheme together, like we have some big evil secret or something.  It's just not true.  People try so hard and they work so hard, and they love so hard.  It's an amazing thing to be a part of.  There's no secret.

2. Lillian.  How fortunate we are to have such a strong and long friendship AND to live in the same city.  I have many strong and long friendships but I have not been able to have those people as close as she is and I'm sooooo grateful!  When I talk with her I know she ONLY ALWAYS has my best interests in mind, so I can trust her completely.

3. My ward got a new Relief Society presidency that I did NOT know about (that's what you get for being out of town/working on Sunday).  So that means the ladies who are in charge of the women's organization (and basically everything:)) in my church congregation changed.  The old group was so wonderful and I'll miss them, and it's exciting to have a new one.  They spoke in church today and they're all have great insights and big hearts.  They are just delightful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking Back Alaska

My truth about "pretty"

my broken heart